SEAI HOME CHARGER GRANT
Claim up to €600 towards the purchase and installation of an electric vehicle home charger unit.
About the Scheme
The SEAI Electric Vehicle Grant Scheme is a government funded support scheme that was introduced to Ireland in January 2018. The scheme offers up to €600 towards the purchase and installation of a home charger unit. The applicant must be the owner of an eligible new or second hand electric vehicle.
Criteria to Apply for SEAI Scheme
- Only vehicles registered new or bought second hand from 2018 onwards are eligible for a home charger grant.
- Only vehicles which are now or were previously eligible for grant support under the EV Grant Scheme are eligible.
- EVs include Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) or Plugin Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs).
- Vehicles purchased new in Ireland, privately imported as new or privately imported as second hand and registered in Ireland in 2018 or later are eligible.
- Second hand cars where ownership by the applicant occurs in 2018 or onwards are eligible.
- Vehicles must be registered for private use.
- Any private owner who buys an eligible EV in 2018 or later is eligible to apply for this grant.
- The EV must be parked on an off-street parking location associated with the home and the charger must be connected back to the fuse board of the home of the applicant.
- The Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN), which you can find on your electricity bill, will be used to confirm the location of your home.
- The property can not be associated with a previous EV vehicle grant and charge point offer. For example, it can not have availed of the free ESB E-cars home charger pre 2018.
- Do not commence any work before the start date on your Letter of Offer otherwise this expenditure will be deemed ineligible and you will not receive grant support for it.
Ireland’s No.1 Installer of Electric Car Chargers
Join the EV Revolution now!
Claim Your refund for up to
€600 OFF Our home charger installation services.
We are Electrical Contractors who specialize in the installation of electric car chargers for Domestic and Commercial locations.